Pork Chops with Smashed Yellow Peas & Black Eyed Pea Gravy
- 4 pork chops
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cups split peas, yellow, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can black eyed peas, do not drain
- 1/8 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- pepper, black
- Place the cooked peas in a medium bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Once peas are smashed, stir in ¼ cup butter, cream, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Heat pan with 2 tablespoons oil.
- Once hot, add pork chops seasoned with salt & pepper and cook to an internal temperature of 145°F approximately 4 minutes per side. Remove from pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter, onion, and black eyed peas to the pan, scraping the pan.
- Once onions soften, add flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper and stir until thickened.
- Slowly pour in the milk, stirring the entire time.
- Serve smashed peas and pork chops with gravy on top.