- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 30 ounces canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped plus more for serving
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Toasted Italian or sourdough bread, to serve
- Add olive oil to a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are browned in spots, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic, stir, and cook for an additional minute.
- Add cannellini beans to tomato mixture and cook until tomatoes begin to break down, 10-12 minutes. Season with sea salt and pepper and stir in fresh basil.
- Remove skillet from heat and top with fresh mozzarella slices and parmesan cheese.
- Broil on high until cheese is melted and staring to bubble, about 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with additional fresh basil. Scoop mixture onto toasted bread and sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese, if desired. Drizzle with olive oil and enjoy!