Pistachio Pesto with Cannelli Beans
Pistachio Pesto with Cannellini Beans:
- 1 1/2 cup spinach, baby
- 1/4 cup white kidney (cannellini) beans
- 1/3 cup pistachios, shelled, unsalted
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated; omit to make vegetarian/vegan
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic, paste; or substitute 1 garlic clove per tsp
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 olives, black; sliced
- 2 tbsp sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- Blend all of the pistachio pesto with cannellini beans in a food processor. Set aside when done.
- To make the zucchini pasta, you will need a spiralizer. Spiralize the two zucchinis by chopping off both ends and affixing to the spiralizer. Spiralize away
- Pour your olive oil into a pan over medium-high heat. Add spiralized zucchini and cook until soft (approximately 5 minutes).
- Drain the zucchini pasta using a colander--put into a bowl and add the pistachio pesto with cannellini beans (just a few tbsp's, not everything you made!) as well as the olives and sundried tomatoes.
- Pesto hardens when refrigerated. Simply microwave for 45 seconds + or heat in a pan to soften again.