Pinto Bean & Cheese Freezer Burritos
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, yellow; diced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, red; diced
- 1/2 cup corn, kernels, frozen or canned will work
- 1 1/2 cup rice; brown, cooked
- 2 1/2 cup pinto beans, canned or cooked from dried
- 4 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cup cheddar jack cheese, shredded
- 8 tortillas, large, burrito-sized
- In a large pan over medium heat, add olive oil, onion and red pepper. Cook 3 minutes then add garlic. Cook an additional 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add red pepper, corn, brown rice, pinto beans, taco seasoning and salsa. Mix well and allow to cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Squeeze in lime juice and mix in cilantro. Allow mixture to cool completely.
- Taking one tortilla at a time, place ¼ cup shredded cheese and ½ cup of bean and rice mixture. Roll, tuck in sides, and finish rolling, then place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining 7 burritos, then place entire baking sheet in freezer for 2-3 hours, until frozen solid. At this point you an wrap them individually in tinfoil or transfer them all to a large Ziplock bag for safe keeping.
- To eat: wrap the burrito in a paper towel. Heat in microwave for 1 minute, then flip it over and heat for an additional 30 seconds-1 minute until heated through. Enjoy!