Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Hummus
- 1 cup chickpeas, dried, uncooked
- 2/3 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 teapsoon vanilla extract, (or stevia)
- 1 cup cacao nibs, or chocolate chips
- The night before making it, soak the chickpeas in 2 cups of water in a large bowl. The next day, drain and rinse the chickpeas. Fill a pot with 4 cups water and bring to a boil. Add the chickpeas and boil for one hour or until the chickpeas are soft to the touch. Drain and set aside to cool. OR use canned chickpeas — just make sure you’re not getting hit with tons of added sodium. If you’re using canned, Libby’s Organic is a great brand.
- Place the almond milk, peanut butter, honey, vanilla and chickpeas into a blender or food processor. Blend until the mixture starts to take on the consistency of hummus, stirring with a spoon when necessary. When the mixture is smooth and creamy, transfer to a bowl and place in the refrigerator to chill for 15-20 minutes.
- When the hummus is chilled, remove from the fridge and stir in the chocolate chips. Add the chocolate chips before blending to turn the hummus into a CHOCOLATE PB dessert hummus!