Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Dessert Hummus
- 1 cup chickpeas, dried, uncooked
- 2/3 cup almond milk, unsweetened vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp agave nectar, light
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips, or chopped chocolate
- The night before making the hummus, soak the chickpeas in 2 cups of water in a large bowl covered with a clean towel. The next day, drain and rinse the chickpeas. Fill a pot with 3 cups water and bring to a boil. Add the chickpeas and boil for 60-70 minutes or until the chickpeas are very soft. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Place the milk, peanut butter, agave, vanilla, salt, and cooled chickpeas into a strong blender or food processor. Blend or puree until the mixture starts to take on the consistency of hummus, stirring or pushing the ingredients down with a spoon in between blending. When the mixture is very smooth, transfer to a mixing bowl and place in the refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes.
- When the hummus is chilled, remove from the fridge and stir in the chocolate chips. Top with chopped chocolate pieces and a drizzle of melted peanut butter! Notes: Pulling the skins off of each chickpea prior to blending will yield an extra silky smooth consistency.