One Pan Greek Sun Dried Tomato Chicken and Lentils
- 1 jar sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil, julienned
- 4 chicken breast, or chicken thighs; boneless skinless
- 2 tsp herb blend, Italian; dried
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika, smoked
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 onion, white; diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 15 oz cans tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup lentils, split red
- 1 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
- oregano, or parsley; finely chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Stir together dried herb blend, garlic powder, coriander, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Use half to season the chicken on both sides.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the oil from the jar of sun dried tomatoes to an oven-safe skillet. Cook chicken in the pan over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned (but not cooked through). Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add onions and garlic to the pan and saute until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add the sun dried tomatoes (drain the remaining oil first), diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and lentils and stir to combine. Transfer chicken back to the pan. Spoon some of the juices from the pan over the chicken. The pan will be very full.
- Transfer pan to preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through and lentils are tender. Garnish with feta cheese and herbs and serve.