Mexican Black Bean & Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- 4 bell pepper, cut in half vertically, cleaned and stems removed
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 3/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup corn, kernels
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp chili powder, chipotle
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- avocado, chopped
- Cook quinoa according to directions on package using either water or broth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place halved bell peppers in a lightly sprayed 9x13” baking dish and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan on medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add remaining ingredients to the pan, including cooked quinoa and combine. Add additional salsa if preferred.
- Generously stuff the peppers with the filling. Place a sheet of aluminum foil over the baking dish and place in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and place baking dish back in oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of toppings: chopped avocado, cilantro, fresh tomatoes, etc.