Mediterranean Socca Pizza
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 cup hummus
- 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup black beans, cooked
- 1/4 cup onion, red; diced
- 1/4 cup olives, Kalamata; chopped
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh; roughly chopped
- Combine the chickpea flour, water, salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large bowl and whisk until a thin batter forms. Allow the batter to rest on the counter for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees. Place an 8-inch cast iron skillet in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and pour remaining olive oil into skillet. Turn to coat.
- Pour the batter into the hot skillet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Allow the Socca to cool slightly, then spread hummus in an even layer. Top with tomato slices, black beans, red onion, olives, artichoke hearts and parsley.