Mediterranean Salmon Foil Packets
- foil, heavy duty
- 4 6 oz fillets salmon, skinless
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup lentils, canned (or cooked); rinsed and drained
- 1 cup zucchini, and/or yellow squash; sliced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, red; chopped
- 1/3 cup tomatoes, grape; halved
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1/2 tsp rosemary, dried
- 1/2 tsp oregano, dried
- 1/4 cup parsley, freshly chopped, for garnish
- lemon, wedges, for serving
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat or the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut four 18 x 12 inch squares of foil and lay out on a flat surface.
- Place one salmon in the middle of each piece of foil. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the lentils, vegetables, shrimp with garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and dried herbs.
- Toss to coat then divide evenly into each foil packet, arranging them around the salmon. Top salmon with 1 or 2 tomato halves rubbing some seasoning on the salmon.
- Fold the foil bringing all sides together and close off the packets.
- If cooking on the grill: Place foil packets onto grill and grill for 6 minutes, then flip over and grill for an additional 4-6 minutes (depending on the thickness of the salmon) or until salmon is flaky and shrimp is opaque and pink. Remove from the grill and carefully open the foil packets.
- If cooking in the oven: Place foil packets on a baking sheet and cook for 15-20 minutes (rotating tray once) or until salmon is flaky and shrimp is opaque and pink. Time varies depending on the thickness of the salmon. Remove baking sheet from oven. Carefully open packets. Serve warm with a splash of lemon and top with chopped parsley.