Mediterranean-Inspired Lentil Bowl
- ½ cup brown lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup farro , cooked
- ¼ cup pickled red onions
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 tbsp hummus
- 1 cucumber, diced
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Cook brown lentils: add lentils to a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 17-20 minutes, stirring occasionally for 18-20 minutes until lentils are tender, but not mushy. Drain excess water and set aside.
- Prepare Mediterranean bowls: divide cooked farro and lentils between two bowls. Top with pickled red onions, hummus, feta cheese, cucumber, and olives.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and drizzle each bowl with a tablespoon olive oil and squeeze of fresh lemon. Enjoy!