Mediterranean Chard Salad
- 4 cups chard, baby or young; shredded
- 1 bell pepper, red; thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, sliced; or substitute grated carrots or beets
- 1/2 cucumber, English; sliced (or try shaved fennel)
- 6 tomatoes, cherry; halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup olives, kalamata (optional)
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 1 cup parsley, Italian; chopped (or sub half cilantro, basil or mint)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted (or slivered almonds)
- goat cheese, crumbled (leave out to make vegan)
- feta cheese, leave out to make vegan
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl ( Either in separate ingredients into small piles over the greens, or toss all.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Dress the salad and toss- you will probably not need all the dressing.
- Adjust salt and lemon adding more if necessary.
- Sprinkle with nuts or seeds and optional sprouts.