Mason-Jar Salads, 3-Ways!
Broccoli & Tart Cherry
- broccoli, raw
- dried tart cherries
- microgreens, or fresh sprouts
Cucumber & Kidney Bean
- kidney beans
- onion, red
- tomatoes, cherry
Quinoa & Blueberry
- quinoa, cooked
- white beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, or apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard, Dijon
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup, real
- pinch salt and pepper
- Place the crunchy vegetables, beans, or grains towards the bottom of the mason jar. These are items that won’t become soggy if you decide to add your dressing early.
- Top with fruit, herbs, or softer vegetables.
- Make the dressing by whisking together all salad ingredients (or shake vigorously in a tightly sealed jar) until creamy and emulsified.
- Store your dressing separate for long-term salad storage, or drizzle over salad right away for same-day entrée. Without dressing, salad will keep for 3 days.