Maple Glazed Lentil Gingerbread Cupcakes
- 3 qt lentil flour
- 3/4 tbsp baking soda
- 3/4 tbsp ginger, ground
- 3/4 tbsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp salt, kosher
- 2 tbsp ginger, fresh; grated and squeezed to extract juice
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar, brown
- 1 + 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cups agave nectar
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 3 cups water, warm
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 18 oz no-nut butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup cream, or evaporated milk
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water, hot
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease mini cupcake pan with spray release oil. Sift flour, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, salt.
- Separate egg yolks from whites. Whip whites to medium peaks and set aside. In mixing bowl add sugar, agave, vanilla, molasses, and egg yolks. Cream well. Add 1 1/2 cups water. Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture and the rest of water a little of each at a time until batter forms. After batter forms, fold in egg whites.
- Scoop into well-oiled mini cupcake pan. Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out of center of cake clean (140 degrees if temperature is taken).
- Whip no-nut butter on medium and slowly add soft butter until combined. Add vanilla. Whip. Add cream very slowly until whipped to smooth and fluffy consistency.
- Mix maple syrup with water and brush onto cool cupcake for shine and shelf stability. Frost cupcakes before serving.