Low Carb Cauliflower Potato Salad
- 2 heads cauliflower, cored, cut into bite size florets
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise, paleo
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 onion, red; thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup split peas, green, washed, rinsed and cooked according to instructions
- Bring about 2" of water to a boil in a large pot and place a steam basket with the cauliflower florets over it. The steam from the water will cook the cauliflower in about about 7 minutes. Cook until the florets are fork tender.
- Alternatively, you can use your microwave. Place the florets in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Add enough water to just cover the bottom of the bowl (about 1"). Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and poke a few holes at the top in order to allow steam to escape. Microwave for 3-4 minutes, until fork-tender.
- Set the florets aside and grab a small bowl.
- Combine the mayonnaise, garlic powder and salt and pepper until well combined.
- Mix the florets, split peas and mayonnaise mixture all together until well combined. Add the red onions and mix once more. Taste for any additional salt and pepper that may need to be added. Serve right away!