Loaded Vegan Nachos with Black Beans and Spicy Chickpeas
Beans & Chickpeas:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 14 oz can chickpeas
- 1 14 oz can black beans
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper, black
- 4 cups Tortilla chips, use gluten-free if desired
- 1 cup salsa, your favorite
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- hot sauce, your favorite
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced; or more if desired
To make the bean + chickpea mixture:
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and saute until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add the beans, chickpeas, spices, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, until the beans have been heated throughout. Set aside.
To make the nachos:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the tortilla chips onto a rimmed baking sheet. Top with the bean mixture. Bake for 5-10 minutes, until nachos are warm and bubbly.
- After removing from the oven, top with your favorite salsa, chopped cilantro, additional hot sauce, and jalapenos. Serve immediately.