Lentils with Roast Vegetables
- 1 cup lentils, dried
- 4 cups vegetables, assorted; washed and chopped
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- pepper, black
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh; chopped (or 1 tbsp dried)
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- lemon juice, juice from 1/2 lemon
- Rinse lentils.
- Bring to boil in 2 cups water, reduce heat, simmer for 20–25 minutes or until tender. Strain off excess water.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Chop veggies into pieces 2 inch in length and ½ inch in width.
- Place in mixing bowl, with 1 tablespoon cooking oil, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, and garlic. Mix until coated. Pour onto baking sheet and spread evenly and place in preheated oven.
- After 4–5 minutes, stir veggies around on pan and return to over. Bake 4–5 minutes more. Remove from oven.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil in skillet on stove top.
- Once hot, sauté lentils 2–4 minutes.
- Add lemon, ½ teaspoon salt, and stir.
- Add the roast vegetables and parsley into the pan and stir.