Lentils with Blistered Tomatoes and Kale
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb tomatoes, cherry; halved
- pinch salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, rough chopped
- 2 cups lentils, cooked
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- splash water
- 2 large handfuls kale, baby
- feta cheese, crumbled; or goat cheese
- drizzle olive oil
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium high heat. Add tomatoes and salt and cook for about 5 minutes, until tender, and blistered, but not loosing their shape. Carefully spoon tomatoes out of the pan and set them aside.
- In the same pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat and add the shallot and garlic, stirring often, until tender and golden, about 3 minutes. Add the cooked lentils, balsamic, salt and spices and stir, warming them up. If dry, add a splash of water to loosen them just a bit. Once warm, add the kale a handful at a time, stirring, tossing and wilting. Taste and adjust salt.
- Divide the lentil and kale among two bowls. Surround with the tomatoes, and top with optional crumbled feta or goat cheese, or a drizzle of good quality olive oil. Enjoy!