Lentil Quinoa Pilaf
- 3 tbsps olive oil, extra virgin; or grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup onion, yellow; diced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3/4 cup lentils, dried
- 3 - 4 cups vegetable broth, (can use chicken)
- 1 pat butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onions and saute until translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in the uncooked quinoa and lentils. Stir the mixture together. Pour in 3 cups of the broth and stir until well-combined. Lower the heat to low, cover, and let the mixture simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa and lentils have absorbed the liquid and are tender. Add the remaining cup of broth if needed.
- Stir in the butter (or more oil). Season with salt and pepper. Serve.