Lentil Black Bean Sweet Potato Burrito
- 1 cup lentils, dried
- 4 cups water
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 can black beans
- feta cheese, (omit to make recipe vegetarian/vegan)
- taco seasoning
- olive oil
- tortillas, (use gluten free to make gluten-free)
Avocado Tahini Sauce
- 2 avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 1 handful cilantro
- 2 tbsps tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Strain and rinse lentils; add to medium pan with water. Simmer with lid tilted for 25-30 minutes, or until tender. Discard any extra liquid. Stir in 1-2 tablespoons of taco seasoning.
- While lentils are cooking, peel and dice sweet potato; place on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and 1-2 tablespoons of taco seasoning. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until caramelized and tender.
- Strain and warm up black beans (on stove or in microwave).
- For avocado tahini sauce, place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- On each tortilla pile lentils, black beans, and sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with feta cheese (optional). Drizzle avocado tahini sauce on top.