Kidney Bean Chickpea Pasta Summer Salad with Orange-Tahini Dressing
- 1 8 oz package pasta, shells, made with chickpea flour
- 2 cans kidney beans, red
- 1 cup tomatoes, grape or cherry
- 1/2 cup olives, chopped
- 1/2 onion, red; sliced
- 2/3 cup walnuts, for crunch
- 1/4 cup parsley
- pinch salt
No Blender Orange Tahini Dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup orange juice, plus 2 tbsp (the juice of 1 1/2 oranges)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- sprinkle dill, for color (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Prepare the pasta as per packaging instructions. You can do this step the night before to make things go even quicker. If you don’t have specific instructions – bring about 3 quarts of water to a boil, add a pinch of salt, and then add pasta and stir occasionally. Boil for 5 to 7 minutes or until pasta is soft and tender. Drain the pasta using a colander and then set aside and let it cool down.
- Prepare the orange tahini dressing. Add all ingredients listed under ‘dressing’ to a measuring cup or bowl, and using a whisk gently combine until smooth. Set aside.
- Chop all the veggies (tomatoes, olives, onions, parsley, and walnuts) and add to the pasta bowl once the pasta is room temperature and gently combine. Add a pinch of salt, black pepper, and dill weed to taste. Add the dressing to the bowl and combine until evenly coated.
- You can serve right away as is, but I prefer to let it sit in the fridge for an hour or two before serving.