Instant Pot Lentil Soup with Sausage and Kale
- 1 lb sausage, Italian, bulk mild
- 1 medium onion, yellow; diced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups bone broth, or chicken stock
- 2 cups lentils, dried
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 28 oz can tomatoes, crushed
- 5 cups kale, baby; loosely packed
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh; chopped
- Hit "saute" button on Instant Pot. Add sausage and cook until meat crumbles and begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Add onion, celery and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add stock, lentils, red pepper flakes, tomatoes and stir.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and make sure the release valve is in the "sealing" position. Press "manual" button and set timer for 12 minutes.
- The Instant Pot will warm up for about 10 minutes and then start cooking. After 12 minutes, quick-release by flipping the release valve to “venting."
- Add kale and vinegar. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.