Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala Lentils
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup onion, yellow; diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb chicken, cubed
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ginger, fresh; grated
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 14 oz cans tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup lentils, brown
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fresh; chopped, plus more for garnish, if desired
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Press the saute button on the Instant Pot, use the adjust button to set on the “normal” setting.
- Add the coconut oil to the Instant Pot, when the display says “hot”, add the onion, garlic and chicken, saute 4-5 minutes, then add the garam marsala, fresh ginger and jalapeno, saute for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Press the Keep Warm/Cancel button on the Instant Pot.
- Add the diced tomatoes, vegetable broth and lentils to the Instant pot and stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the steam release is set to “sealing”.
- Press the “manual” button and set the Instant Pot to high pressure, then use the +/- buttons to set the Instant Pot to 15 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, turn off the Instant Pot and wait 10-15 minutes, then release any remaining pressure before unlocking the lid.
- Remove the lid and stir in the coconut milk, cilantro and salt.
- Serve immediately on it's own or over rice.