Healthy Chicken Chili Mac
- 1 lb ground chicken, lean
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, green; diced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 14.5 oz can tomatoes, diced
- 1 14.5 oz can kidney beans, drained
- 1 14.5 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups pasta, whole wheat macaroni
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, sharp (skim); shredded, more to taste if desired
- Heat a large stockpot or straight edged saute pan over medium heat.
- Once hot, add in chicken and veggies.
- Cook, breaking up the chicken as you go, until chicken is no longer pink and veggies are tender.
- Stir in spices, tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, broth, and macaroni.
- Stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer, cover, and simmer for 7 minutes. Stir every few minutes.
- Uncover and cook an additional 7 minutes.
- Top with cheese. Cover with lid for another minute or two to melt the cheese.
- Taste and re-season if necessary and serve!