Grounding Green Bowl
- 1 banana, frozen, cut into 2" pieces (always peel before freezing!)
- 1/4 cup almond milk, or other non-dairy milk alternative
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup white beans, soaked for 8-12 hours and rinsed (navy works fine!)
- 1 tsp spirulina
- goji berries
- bee pollen
- energy bar
- coconut chips
- chia seeds, white
- sunflower seeds
- Bean Prep: After they have been soaking for 8-12 hours (overnight is best), rinse them thoroughly. Place into a large pot and cover with 2" of water. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook for 20-30 minutes or until tender (easily pierce with a fork). Now, your beans are finished! Place 1/4 cup of the beans aside for your smoothie bowl. You can set the rest of the beans in the refrigerator.
- Before blending, take out all your toppings and lay them out neatly. Prep and chop up any necessary fresh cut fruit ahead of time for easy bowl building.
- Add your frozen banana, oats, spirulina, 1/4 cup cooked beans, and almond milk into a high speed blender such as a Vitamix or a Ninja. You'll need a good blender since your base is going to be pretty thick to support your toppings. Blend for 3-4 minutes until you see the oats completely blend into the smoothie. If necessary, stop the blender every 30 seconds to push down ingredients into the blades to ensure you're blending everything.
- Pour your smoothie into a bowl and now it's time to top! Place your toppings onto the bowl in any way you please. I like to put my fresh fruit down the middle, and then add my nuts and seeds from there. If you don't have any/all of the toppings I listed above, that is totally fine. Use whatever you have on hand- feel free to add to or remove from my list, it's just meant to be a general list of ideas.