Greek Salad with Chickpeas and Heirloom Tomatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp salt, kosher
- 1/2 tsp pepper, ground black
- 1/3 cup onions, red; thinly sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs tomatoes
- 3/4 cup cucumbers, persian; chopped
- 1/4 cup olives, kalamata; pitted and sliced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp basil, chopped
- 3 tbsp mint, chopped
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, vinegar, salt, black pepper, onions and garlic together. Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice the tomatoes into wedges. If you are using grape or cherry tomatoes, slice them in half.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, feta cheese, chickpeas and chopped herbs to a large bowl. Pour the vinaigrette on top and toss the salad to combine the ingredients together. Taste and season with more salt or pepper, if necessary.