Gluten Free Maple Coffee Cake
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose gluten-free
- 1 1/2 cups chickpea flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar, granulated
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted; room temperature (1 stick is 1/2 cup)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup sugar, brown
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted; at room temperature
- 1/4 cup rolled oats, gluten-free
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease and flour an 8x8 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar and maple syrup. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and the eggs, one at a time, to the mixing bowl. Scrap down the sides and mix to incorporate between each addition.
- Mix in half of the flour mixture, then the buttermilk, then the remaining flour. Continue to mix until the batter is just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- To make the crumble, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Use your fingers or a fork to mix it together into a crumbly mixture. Sprinkle evenly on top of the cake batter then bake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool slightly before serving.