Curried Lentil, Chickpea and Kale Salad
- 1 cup lentils, dried
- 1 14 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 kale, large leaves; chopped
- 2 tbsps curry powder, yellow
- 1/2 tsp salt, sea
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, fresh
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 orange, navel; zested and peeled into sections
- 1/3 cup cranberries, dried
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 onion, red; thinly sliced
- Add lentils to a pot and cover with 2 inches of water. Cover and bring to a full boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until lentils have softened, but are still al dente, about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain any excess water and transfer lentils to a mixing bowl.
- Add the chickpeas and kale to the mixing bowl with the lentils. Add in the curry powder, sea salt, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic, and orange zest. Toss well until everything is well-combined.
- Toss in the peeled orange, dried cranberries, feta, and red onion. Add sea salt to taste and serve alongside your favorite entree, or enjoy as a meal.
- *If using dry chickpeas, you're looking for just under 2 cups of cooked chickpeas