Cumin Roasted Chickpea Chicken Bowls
- 12 oz chicken breast, skin-on; or thighs
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup olive oil, or avocado oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 small shallot, peeled and quartered or sliced thin
- pinch paprika
- garnish, parsley and crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Clean and wash your chicken breast. Drain the chickpeas and rinse thoroughly. Place both in a large bow.
- Next mix the marinade. Whisk together the oil, cumin, garlic, salt, pepper, honey and apple cider vinegar. Pour this over the chicken and chickpeas. Let it marinate in fridge for 10-20 minutes, covered.
- Next place your honey cumin marinated chicken and chickpeas in a baking dish or sheet pan. Leaving the marinade in the bowl.
- Place the sliced shallots around the chicken and chickpeas.
- Drizzle the extra marinade on top of the whole pan, coating evenly.
- Sprinkle with paprika and a pinch more salt and pepper if desired.
- Add a few slices of lemon on and around the chicken, chickpeas, and shallots.
- Roast/Bake 400F for 25 minutes to 28 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts. Broil last minute to get the honey to caramelize a bit with the chicken/chickpeas
- Remove from oven and slice chicken into thinner strips. Place all in a large serving bowl or plate individually. Leave most the the marinade/oil in the bake pan. Spoon the cumin marinade/oil on top of the chicken (to your liking) once platted or put in large bowl. There will be extra oil left in pan.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes, pomegranate seeds, and fresh parsley.
- These roasted chickpeas and chicken bowls can be served as is or in a large bowl with the chicken sliced. Feel free to add steamed greens, cooked quinoa, rice, or potatoes when serving.