Crispy Chipotle Black Bean Tacos
- 8 small tortillas, corn
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, yellow
- 2 cups black beans
- 1/4 cup chipotle sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Place the corn tortillas on a plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 15 seconds, set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add the salt and beans, cook for an additional 5 minutes then add the chipotle sauce. Cook until sauce is thick, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the bean mixture into a corn tortilla and top with a sprinkle of cheese.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan over medium heat. Fold the tortilla in half to cover the beans and cheese, then cook for 5 minutes. Flip and cook until cheese is crispy. Repeat with remaining tortillas and beans.
- Top tortillas with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.