Creamy White Bean and Pumpkin Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups pumpkin, roasted or puree
- 1/2 onion, yellow; diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 cup white beans, cooked; divided
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, canned
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the onion, cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir the pumpkin into the pot followed by the vegetable stock, water and half of the white beans. Cook for 15 minutes, then use an immersion blender to puree.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper accordingly.
- Add the remaining white beans and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Divide between four serving bowls and top with a swirl of coconut milk and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.