Corned Beef, Tater Tot & Black Bean Hash
Corned Beef, Tater Tots and Black Beans make this tasty traditional hash, healthier with a twist.
- 8 oz corned beef, cooked and medium diced
- 20 tater tots
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, small diced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Aleppo pepper, flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream, (optional)
- 3 green onions , sliced
- ¼ cup parsley, flat leaf, shredded
- 4-8 eggs, whole (1-2 per person)
- Cooked corned beef is easily found in the deli section of the grocery store. Ask them to cut two ½-inch slabs rather than slicing. Dice the slabs into ¼ inch pieces when you get home.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Tear the tater tots in 1/2s and cook on a cookie sheet in a single layer until nicely brown. Keep warm.
- In a large cast iron or non-stick sauté pan, heat the olive oil until very hot and sauté the bell peppers and onions for a few minutes, until they are al dente. Season with salt and Aleppo pepper.
- Add the corned beef and black beans and continue to sauté over medium heat until heated through, about 4-5 minutes. Double up on beans if you want to skip the meat!
- Add the sour cream, stir to combine. Put a lid on the pan and turn off the heat.
- In a little olive oil, cook the eggs sunny side up and season with salt and Aleppo pepper when done.
- To finish, remove the lid from the corned beef. Stir in the tater tots and the herbs. Serve, topped with a sunny-side up egg.