Coconut Curry Stuffed Peppers
- 4 bell pepper, red
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup onion, red; diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced; reserve tops and chop for garnish if desired
- 2 cups lentils, red, cooked
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup rice, brown, cooked
- 1 tbsp curry powder, mild
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp soy sauce, (or tamari, if gluten free)
- 2 tbsp cashews, chopped, for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375º F. Use a knife to carefully cut and remove the tops of each bell pepper. Remove the stem and seeds, dice the red parts of each pepper top. Set diced pepper aside.
- Place bell peppers in an oven-safe baking dish, and par cook the peppers in the oven for about 10 minutes. Remove baking dish, and allow peppers to cool.
- To prepare the curry filling, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot to skillet and cook until onion is translucent, 3-5 minutes. Add cooked lentils, broccoli, cooked brown rice, curry powder, and cayenne pepper (if using). Stir in coconut milk, tomato paste, and soy sauce, and cook until vegetables are tender and sauce is thick, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in raw diced pepper (from pepper tops) and remove skillet from heat.
- Divide curry into four equal portions, and spoon it into the bell peppers. Place baking dish back in the oven and bake 20 additional minutes. Cool for about 5 minutes, top with chopped carrot tops and cashews (if desired), and serve. Enjoy!