Coconut Chickpea Curry
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sweet; chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 1 (14.5-oz) can tomatoes, petite diced
- 1 (13.5-oz) can coconut milk, light
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp coriander, ground
- cilantro, chopped, for serving
- rice, basmati, hot, cooked; 4-6 cups for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add in chopped onion and garlic. Cook until fragrant and softened.
- Add in chickpeas, tomatoes, coconut milk, curry powder, cumin, salt and coriander. Stir together. Turn heat up to medium-high and simmer, stirring frequently, until broth has cooked down some and thickened a bit, about 10-15 minutes.
- Place hot, cooked basmati rice on plates on in bowls and ladle curry over the top. Sprinkle with a bit of cilantro and serve!