Chocolate Orange Bread
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- orange zest, zest from one orange
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chunks, dark
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 and lightly grease an 8-inch loaf pan. In a small bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, chickpea flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together the eggs, melted butter, sugar, milk, orange zest and orange extract.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until smooth then mix in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.