Chipotle Vegetarian Three Bean Chili
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 chipotle peppers, in adobo sauce; roughly chopped
- 1 14 oz can tomatoes, crushed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- sour cream
- onions, red; chopped
- cilantro, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté them for about 4 minutes. Add the celery, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, chipotle peppers and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir to combine the ingredients. Add the crushed tomatoes and broth, cover the pot and bring it to a boil.
- Remove the cover, add the beans, and reduce the heat to medium. Let the soup simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Turn off the heat and let the soup sit for another 10 minutes so that the beans absorb more liquid.
- Serve the chili in bowls with optional toppings.
- Refrigerate any leftovers. The chili tastes even better the next day!