Chickpeas Cacio e Pepe
- 1 pound pasta, dry; spaghetti or fettuccine
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 4 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 tbsp pepper, ground
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated; plus more for topping
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 9 minutes. Reserve 2 cups of cooking water, then drain the pasta and set aside.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in the pasta pot. Add the chickpeas and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the pot and toss to coat with butter. Add the parmesan, pepper, salt and 1/2 cup of reserved cooking water. Toss to combine.
- If the pasta sauce is too thick, add more cooking water as needed.
- Divide between 4 bowls and top with additional pepper and cheese.