Chickpea & Tuna Fritters
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed, drained and dried
- 2 cans tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh; finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, red; diced small
- 1/4 cup relish
- 1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic, granulated
- 2 wedges lemon
- 1/8 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Smash chickpeas in bowl until completely mashed.
- Add tuna, mustard, mayo, parsley, onion, relish, cayenne, garlic, and juice from 2 lemon wedges. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in flour until thick enough to form small patties that are 2–3 inches in diameter and ½ inch thick.
- Chill in fridge for 5–10 minutes.
- Preheat large pan over medium heat.
- Add oil to pan and heat for 30 seconds, then add fritters to pan.
- Flip fritters once golden brown. Repeat process on other side. Remove from pan.
- Serve with tartar sauce.