Chickpea Stir Fry
- 1/8 cup olive oil, or peanut oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tbsps sugar, brown
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp ginger, fresh; minced
- 1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup chickpeas, dried
- 1 tbsp canola oil, or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups broccoli, small florets
- 3 ounces snow peas
- 3 medium carrot, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 bell pepper, red; thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby corn, drained and cut in half
- 1 8 oz can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 cup basil, fresh; lightly packed leaves
- Place chickpeas and 6 cups of water in a pot and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, turn off heat, cover and let stand for 1 hour. Keep beans covered and cook over low to medium heat for about 1-½ hours or until desired tenderness is reached, drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, sesame seeds, ginger, chili garlic sauce and cornstarch, set aside.
- In a large pan or wok, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add chopped garlic and cook about 1 minute. Add all vegetables except the chickpeas and cook 3 minutes over medium high heat. Add the sauce and stir-fry until the sauce glazes the vegetables and until vegetables are just tender but still crisp, about 4-5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chickpeas and basil. Serve and enjoy!