- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 6 mushrooms, diced
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper, black
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1 eggs,
- 1/2 cup cheese, (any kind) grated
- 1 tsp garlic, granulated
- 2 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a large pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- Add chickpeas to a medium bowl and mash with a fork until broken down.
- Stir in egg and mash till combined.
- Stir in mushroom mixture, cheese, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Slowly sprinkle in flour and mix till well blended.
- Form into patties. Place patties on a baking sheet and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chickpea patties, in batches, and cook for 4–5 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and place on a paper towel to drain off excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite burger toppings!