- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, yellow; diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 bell pepper, red; thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, yellow; thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, green, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp cumin, ground
- 2 tsp paprika, smoked
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper, ground
- 1 28 oz can tomatoes, crushed
- 3 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh; roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Pre-heat the oven to 400. Heat the oil olive in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté just translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, then add all of the bell peppers. Cook until peppers are soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the spices and the crushed tomatoes to the pan with 1/4 cup water and cook for about 5 minutes until sauce begins to thicken.
- Stir the chickpeas into the pan.
- Create 6 holes in the tomato mixture and crack an egg into each.
- Transfer the mixture to the oven and bake until eggs are set, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Top with fresh parsley, feta and lemon zest before serving with bread or pita.