- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 in fresh ginger, peeled and finely minced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 8 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 oz dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 packages of Instant Ramen noodles
- 2 cups kale, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup green onions, diced, to garnish
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, to garnish
- 4 soft boiled eggs, to garnish
- Add sesame oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add broth and dried mushrooms and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes, or until mushrooms have softened and infused flavor into broth.
- Add chickpeas, fresh shiitake mushrooms, and instant noodles and simmer for an additional 5 minutes, or until noodles have softened.
- Add kale and carrots and simmer for 1-2 minutes, or until kale is wilted.
- Divide ramen into bowls and garnish with green onions, sesame seeds and a soft-boiled egg. Enjoy!