Chickpea Muesli Matcha Squares
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats, gluten free, if desired
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut, flaked
- 1 cup dried fruit, cranberries, blueberries, figs, raisins, etc.; chopped
- 1 tbsp chia seeds, (optional)
- 2 tsp matcha powder, (reserve ½ tsp for garnish)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt, sea
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked or canned (drained and rinsed thoroughly)
- 1/4 cup almond butter, substitute with sunflower seed butter if desired
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and coconut on a lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring once or twice until the oats and seeds are golden and have a nutty aroma. Remove from the oven, stir in the fruit, chia, 1 ½ tsp matcha, cinnamon and salt. Set aside to cool.
- While the oat and seed mixture is toasting: combine all of the wet ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the wet and dry thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture to a parchment lined 9x9” pan and spread out evenly, pressing down firmly into all corners.
- Dust the remaining matcha powder evenly over the top and place in the freezer to chill and firm up, at least 25 minutes, or overnight.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!