Chickpea Lettuce Wraps
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- lettuce, butter; leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, grape; cut in half
- 1/2 cup onion, red; diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, fresh; chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place chickpeas and 6 cups of water in a pot and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, turn off heat, cover and let stand for 1 hour. Keep beans covered and cook over low to medium heat for about 1-½ hours or until desired tenderness is reached, drain and set aside.
- Separate the butter lettuce leaves. Wash and dry them gently; set aside.
- Combine lime juice, sugar, olive oil and garlic in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the chickpeas, mangoes, tomatoes, onion, cilantro and mint. Add the reserved dressing and gently toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place a portion of the chickpea salad over each of the lettuce leaves and enjoy.