Chickpea Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, organic and grass-fed, if possible
- 4 eggs, organic
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tbsps coconut sugar
- lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Mix lemon zest and juice, chickpea flour, ricotta and eggs together in a large bowl. Add the almond milk, just a few tablespoons at a time so you can make sure the batter stays nice and thick as you mix it.
- Heat a griddle or skillet, and when it’s hot add cutter or coconut oil. Pour the batter in 1/4 cups onto the griddle. Feel free to flatten the pancakes slightly with the back of a spatula.
- Cook over light to medium heat, and VERY carefully (they can be crumbly if you don’t want long enough) flip them over. They are delicate, keep in mind.
- Cook an additional 3-4 minutes on second side or until golden brown.
- Serve with syrup, coconut butter, or anything you’d like to put on top!