Chickpea and Herb Frittata
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup fresh herbs, mixed, such as mint, basil, thyme and oregano; chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, ground
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, fresh ciliegine balls (can substitute any size mozzarella chopped into ½ cup of 1/3 oz. pieces)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the butter in an 8-inch cast iron skillet and melt over medium heat on the stove top.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, shredded mozzarella, herbs, curry powder, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into the hot skillet, then stir in the chickpeas and fresh mozzarella.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently to allow for even cooking, then transfer the pan to the oven.
- Cook for an additional 15 minutes or until eggs are completely set.