Chickpea Granola Tahini Yogurt Bowl
- 2 cups chickpeas, roasted, recipe to follow
- 1/2 cup walnuts, halves; or substitute with pecans or chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp salt, sea; ground
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 1/4 tsp ginger, powdered
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, *If you don’t have maple syrup, substitute with honey
- edible flowers
For the roasted chickpeas:
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Rinse cooked chickpeas. Use a paper towel to pat dry. Let the chickpeas air dry for an additional 15 minutes. Toss chickpeas with spices and maple syrup. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Toss and return to oven for at least another 10 minutes. Chickpeas are done when golden and crunchy.
To make granola:
- Preheat oven to 330 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine oats, walnuts, sesame seeds with coconut oil and maple syrup. Stir to combine. Add sea salt and vanilla and stir again. Spread evenly on prepared baking sheet and press down. After 15 minutes, add cacao nibs and chickpeas. Stir to combine and return to oven for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Toss and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container or glass jar with a lid for up to two weeks.
To make the bowl:
- Add yogurt of choice to a bowl. Stir in a 1/2 tablespoon of tahini and top with granola, blackberries and edible flowers.