- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 2 1/2 tsp ginger, ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves, ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 tsp salt, sea, fine
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 tbsp butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar, brown
- 1 eggs
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsp sugar, granulated
- In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients (flour through baking soda).
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add the egg, molasses and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Gently stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing only until just combined.
Refrigerate the dough, tightly covered with plastic wrap, for at least one hour, or up to a few days.
- Before you start forming the cookies, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll level tablespoons of dough into balls.
- Pour granulated sugar into a bowl and coat each ball evenly with sugar before placing on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until set around the edges, but still slightly soft in the middle. Let cookies cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack
Recipe by The Pancake Princess