- 40 fries
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 cup onion, yellow; minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp thyme, fresh minced
- 1/2 tsp coriander, ground
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 4 cups water
- 2 tsp salt, kosher (or to taste)
- In a medium sauce pot on medium add grapeseed oil and sauté onions until translucent.
- Add minced garlic, fresh thyme, coriander and half the salt. Sautee until garlic is fragrant, about 3 minutes
- Add water and remaining salt along with chick pea flour
- Bring to a boil and continually stir mixture until thick to the consistency of cream of wheat.
- Spread on a well-oiled glass casserole dish or small parchment lined and oiled sheet pan.
- Cover with another sheet of oiled parchment and wrap with plastic wrap. Cool at least 4 hours
- Cut into manageable sizes and drop into 375 degree oil , cook until golden brown
- These will also pan fry beautifully and can be cut into other shapes and used as a base to a fish entrée, or any other protein for a more sophisticated take on the fry.
- Best to make day ahead and fry fresh and serve immediately with a spiced up mayo.