Chickpea Falafel Waffles
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for waffle iron
- 3 tbsp parsley, fresh; chopped
- 2 tbsp flour, all-purpose
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp coriander, ground
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 egg, only whites
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp yogurt, Greek
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1. Combine the olive oil, parsley, flour, baking powder, salt, cumin, coriander, garlic, egg whites and chickpeas in a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
2. Lightly grease a waffle iron, close and heat. Once the waffle iron is ready, pour about 1/3 cup of batter into the center, spreading it out so that only 1/2 inch of the waffle iron shows around the edges.
3. Close and cook for about 4 minutes.
4. When waffle is golden brown, transfer to a plate and cover with a paper towel. Repeat cooking process with remaining batter.
5. When all of the waffles are cooked, divide them between 2 plates and top with a dollop of greek yogurt and diced tomatoes before serving.